Amundsen (MIB2) - Firmware update. Can you DIY it?

It´s a shame for the whole car industry not to public any buglist of the radio units. I wouldn´t search for a firmware update if everything is working without errors!

My garantie of the car is gone, a firmware update would cost extra money. 42000€ car, but radio is not working correctly. Thats so badly and frustating.

Nearly every devices can be flashed by the customer, only car indrustry is making a hocus pocus about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody have access to latest firmware for an Amundsen Mib2 5Q0035874B for a Skoda Fabia that they are willing to share?

I think it's 0351 or 0357, they have updated it earlier and written the new firmware number quite sloppy so it's hard to know.

14 hours ago, Astro888 said:

Does anybody have access to latest firmware for an Amundsen Mib2 5Q0035874B for a Skoda Fabia that they are willing to share?

I think it's 0351 or 0357, they have updated it earlier and written the new firmware number quite sloppy so it's hard to know.

Try the Fabia Section @Astro888, this is Octavia Mk 3.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I thought that I have MIB1, but it just seems that I have MIB2. The infotainment hardware is H30, the software 0357, media 3141.0.0.1, just factory stuff to my best knowledge. Is there a newer update recommended by you? Should I PM someone? Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 31/05/2017 at 21:23, fips21 said:

Hi,

a new firmware is available. It is version 0252 and has about 3.6gb. Worked perfectly for me! PN for more information. ;)

Regards

hey, would you still have the link to the 0252 MIB2 Bolero skoda update, thanks

• 9 months later...

Oh goodness me.  There are multiple threads on firmware updates.  In terms of updates, the man of the moment for firmware updates is @pab567.

I've written up a process for updating Amunsden and Bolero which you can find here:

For those of you looking for maps updates, please also look at the https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/7-skoda-audio-electronics-and-security/

section of the forum.