Amundsen (MIB2) - Firmware update. Can you DIY it?

2 hours ago, sneeks said:

Is the firmware update mentioned here only for the Bolero or will it work on the Amundsen mib2? The thread title mentions the Amundsen but I notice a few of the replies reference the Bolero.

It's same for both. Amundsen is basically a Bolero with added navigation. Columbus on the other side is totally different unit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Dads FL mk3 has a PN: 5Q0035874B and has software version 363 it was born April 2017. Its just updated on the map portal to say there is an update for his Amundsen downloading it now, will make him happy at the weekend.

Tried putting the maps as per the portal on a new 32gb sdhc card using the Skoda software. When inserted it failed to recognise it, i cloned using win32imager the original SD card and burned it to the new card and in my amazement it didnt work either. What's so special about the original SD card? I didnt dare to update the original in case it knackered it. Ideas?

The original Skoda card contains some hidden data and you can't copy that to another card.

Don't worry about the original card, you can't destroy the secret data on it, you can safely delete or format it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aki78 said:

The original Skoda card contains some hidden data and you can't copy that to another card.

Don't worry about the original card, you can't destroy the secret data on it, you can safely delete or format it.

Aki, could you please provide me further information regarding the firmware upgrade for Amundsen MIB2?

I'm facing the issue that when I insert my usb flash drive with the update files, some show a "Y", some other "some" and the rest "N" which indicates those parts won't be updated.

When I launch the update, it shows "99 items pending", then shows an error "error code 15" with information "can not find the correct medium!"

If you want I can give you more information via mail oder pm.

Thx Sven

• 2 weeks later...

Hi is there an update for my bolero ? because the mirrorlink does not work if I roll over 6 km / h for the gps it is not very practical lol

5Q0035840A

Hardware: H30

Software: 0359

Media-Codec: 3141.0.0.1

Thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just confirm - the Map update is installed on the Skoda SD card that is in the left-hand slot in the GloveBox - so you overwrite the card with the newer NAV data?

My VIN only shows new mapping data, I've not got the car with me today - but will check the versions later.

Thanks.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have Amundsen with 245 firmware and have correctly working parking lines?

I have retrofit Amundsen with 245 firmware to Rapid with originally Bolero FW 361 with factory activated parking lines. After retrofit lines look like in the attachment.

20171127_101812.jpg

On 28.10.2017 at 22:01, RenzO said:

Hi is there an update for my bolero ? because the mirrorlink does not work if I roll over 6 km / h for the gps it is not very practical lol

Thi sis not FW problem but certification of apllication to run in motion.

Google for VIM or OBDEleven.

On 6/1/2017 at 00:53, fips21 said:

Hi,

a new firmware is available. It is version 0252 and has about 3.6gb. Worked perfectly for me! PN for more information. ;)

Regards

PM sent.

I have an Amundsen part number 5L0035680C, Hardware H20, Software 0241 (retrofitted to Octy MK2)

Would much appreciate it if someone could point me to the latest firmware for this unit.

Thank you.

Edited by kryptonite

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 13:58, kryptonite said:

PM sent.

I have an Amundsen part number 5L0035680C, Hardware H20, Software 0241 (retrofitted to Octy MK2)

Would much appreciate it if someone could point me to the latest firmware for this unit.

Thank you.

How did you retrofit 5L0035680C into octy 2? Details please

1 hour ago, iTT said:

I have a Octavia from 2013 with following device:

HW 038

SW 0132

A 2013 Octavia will have a MIB1 infotainment system, so you're posting in the wrong thread.

The latest MIB1 Amundsen firmware is 0490, so you're a long way out of date... search on here for a thread with details how to get a link to this firmware.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

can someone sent me a link für Amundsen MIB2 for my skoda superb MK3 10/2015. I have SW0252 any i am not so happy with the radio/navi unit.

Does somebody knows if it will fix the bluetooth problem with apple iphone?

I have asked my dealer for an update but he replied that I would need to describe a certain error to have an update. And only when my error is listed as fixed in the release notes then he would update.

So I am wondering if there is any fixlist of the latest MIB2 for Octavia Model 2016 which I could borrow an error from :-)

• Like 1