which oil filter ?

Hi my 2011 plate Octavia 1.4 TSI currently has a Mann W712/93 oil filter in place which I need to change. Problem is when I do a search on Euro Car Parts, it lists a Mann W712/94 as being the correct filter for my car.

Can anyone confirm which is the correct oil filter please as I'm now confused.

Thanks

Look it up on the Mann E-Catalog

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/eng/vehicle/MANN-FILTER%20Katalog%20Europa/Vehicles/CARS%20%2B%20TRANSPORTERS/SKODA/Octavia%20II/1.4%20TSI%20(%20(1Z3,%201Z5))%20CAXA%20(T92156)

I think you'll find its W712/94 for your car.

They are virtually identical filters apart from a slightly different seal arrangement. The 94 variant superceded the 93 variant on engines built after 07/2010.

Indeed I recently discovered my dealer has been incorrectly fitting the older filter style (VW part is supplied by Mann) to our cars (all 2011+) and I suspect thats part of the chain rattle problem we've been experiencing.

Edited by xman