Private number plate, Retention Document

Fishyhooky

I see that you can now put a private plate on retention using the DVLA online

Has anyone done this and is it done immediately?

I have been told that the documents are emailed to you.

Edited by Fishyhooky

I have done this recently. You receive a retention certificate number and the option to download the document you need to put new plates on the car you took the plate off.

You also get an email with the retention certificate number and an attachment which is the same document offered as a download (that allows you to put a replacement plate on the car). Within a few working days, I received a printed retention certificate and new V5 for the car the plate had been taken off.

as peter312    +1

Took private plate from my Espace, obtained new registration confirmation for the Espace (actually its original 2002 registration) and plated it ready to give away to a friend of my daughter. Retention confirmation for private plate printed and handed to dealership a week before new Yeti arrived. V5C for replated Espace came in post after a couple of days. New Yeti delivered with private plate showing on its V5C.

No problems at all with DVLA Online process and downloaded forms.

Just

Within a few working days, I received a printed retention certificate and new V5 for the car the plate had been taken off.

I did this last Monday (8 days ago) and still haven't received the new V5. :no:

I'm not sending the search hounds out yet though.