Creaking/Squeaking Steering

Evening all, another question (sorry). My Octavia 2 Vrs, just noticed today when parking, turning the wheel at a certain point i can hear a squeaking/creaking noise. It can be heard in and out the car. I know the steering is electric on these. Doesn't seem to do it whilst driving. What would it likely be? Suspension top mounts? or something related? It's not through the entire range of steering, just at a certain point.

He means pigtail! right up at the top of the spring and the broken part can usually be found lying at the bottom inside the coils of the spring.

Jack the corner up and SECURE before having a feel around for the offending part, you may also be able to see part missing at top of spring.

Possibly spring, but that would be a more scary noisy sound, hence you would drive home slllllllllllowly and panicky :-)

Probably a worn ball joint/bushin...A spray can of white lithium grease works wonders<<GREASE NOT WD40..

Checked the springs, couldn't see anything broken. Strangely it's not done it again since. Strange!   Just got to try and sort the squeaking and rattling interior now, its making me not like the car having come from a BMW lol.

• 8 months later...