Cleaning/tarting up faded and dirty door cards?

Wench

As per title really. The door cards in my 2002 Fabia are rather faded, and rather dirty.

I've wiped over them with a damp cloth, which has lifted a fair bit of filth from them, but I'm sure there's still more I can get rid of.

So short of buying new ones, which isn't going to happen, is there any way of removing the "faded" look, and what's the best way of cleaning them up?

I new a lad who removed his door cards from an old golf gti and jet washed them. They came up well but took an age to dry. Mine are grubby on my 06 fabia VRS but have lived with it for now. I wonder if a valeter would have a  product for this sort of job ?

A steam cleaner is ideal if you have one. Spray on some detergent (101 multipurpose or Meguiars All Purpose are both good. Let that sit for a bit then hit it with the steamer and wipe with a microfibre cloth. Keep changing the bit of cloth you wipe the dirty surface with and eventually the cloth will stop coming away dirty. At that point you've pretty much cleaned the panel and it won't be very wet.

I use a Polti Professional because I can get my cleaning kit through my business but Kaercher make a simple unit for about £40 and I'm sure you can get a cheaper one than that.

I was thinking clothes dye and a brush...

That will just dye the dirt. Which is a possibility I suppose, but it's not ideal.

Once clean, then by all means a bit of fabric dye might work wonders.

Edited by wja96

The base models have door cards that are fabric all the way to the top. Mine are bleached out at the top from the sun.

Some all purpose cleaner and a brush (a toothbrush would work) followed by wiping over with a damp cloth until clean. A steam cleaner as suggested above would make it easier and quicker. I used to valet lots of cars and my product of choice for this sort of thing was Autosmart G101

Edited by Dazza95

Just use some of that carpet cleaner that comes in a can and foams up. Scrubbing brush and rinse with clean water.

No need to go concourse show spastic on old door cards for crying out loud lol

That will get 99% of the crud out and if you're still not happy then you could try some spray on fabric paint or door cards are peanuts from a scrappers

http://www.fabricspray.co.uk/product-category/soft-fabric-spray-paint/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwg8i_BRCT9dHt5ZSGi90BEiQAItdjpMYMtxacAugASBMaJT5mdi4G0mBH2gcD2QKzRez8nYIaAjCG8P8HAQ

• Like 1

Whoops, thought I'd said, I did have a steam cleaner on them a while back, so that's where a good load of the crap was from, have since been wiped over with the damp cloth.

Mine is the bog standard model, so yes has fabric up to the Windows that's faded. I like the look of the fabric spray however. Its not that I can't replace door cards, I'd really rather not set about doing it as I'm pushed on time now until at least xmas.