Anyone got a fabia sport 105 1.9 tdi?

A good mix between the vrs and monte carlo really, the 1.9 PD engine is very well known from the mk1 Fabia and is a popular choice.

They tune well and give good mpg as well as good reliability

Thanks Hutchy much appreciated, what sort of limits in terms of tuning does the 105 have? would a remap put it on similar terms as a vrs or better? or are gains a lot lower?

Thanks 

I think they remap to around 140bhp.

However many upgrades from a stock pd130 are all direct fit and fairly cheap.

A set of pd130 injectors about £100

And then whatever you wanted turbo wise, around £100 for a second hand stock pd130 with injectors will give you 170bhp or say £450 for a new hybrid will give over 200bhp.

Just whatever you want really!

• Like 1

Thanks Hutchy much appreciated, what sort of limits in terms of tuning does the 105 have? would a remap put it on similar terms as a vrs or better? or are gains a lot lower?

Thanks 

Gains from remap on those engines will put it on par with a BLT engine equipped Mk1 vRS. Circa 140-145bhp and 250lbft. 

I looked into it myself before I bought a Mk2 vRS for the Wife to replace her old Mk1 vRS with remap. 

They are a cracking engine and feel more powerful than the 105bhp figure suggests.

Due to the PD being very punchy low down the revs it gets moving with ease.

They are also a reliable engine with regular servicing using the correct oil (must be PD specific compliant oil).

A standard they have 184 ft-lb of torque which isn't bad for a little Fabia. Certainly used to pull my big Octavia round no problem.

Expect 60mpg+ on a long run too.

Obviously the downsides are weight on the front end, noise and warm up times. No DPF to worry about though at least.

Edited by Phil-E