Fault Code Help please

Looking for some help with a reoccurring fault code on my 2010 Octavia vRS diesel.

Fault Code

P0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1.

EML has come on three separate times - with no obvious effect to car's performance - and my local independent has cleared the code accordingly all for the same fault as above. First two times was to check whether it would go away (because no issues with car itself) and the last time resulted in a new Oxygen Sensor being fitted.

The new oxygen sensor resulted in a trouble-free fortnight along with a further 1k miles on the odometer but the dreaded EML appeared yesterday after a straight 135 mile run - stop at services for 30 mins - started the car again and the EML stayed on.

My independent has checked for fault codes again and it's the same code as above??

Can someone shed some light on what to look for or what the issue is?? Really appreciate any assistance or guidance on this. I appreciate the oxygen sensor may have been replaced for no reason but I don't want to spend any more unnecessary cash if I can help it.

Edited by JDR888

Could be Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors

Might be worth ringing Skoda and asking if there is a modified or upgraded part for your vehicle

Cheers mike4scuba - really appreciate the advice because it's doing my head in. Going back into the garbage for further checks on Wednesday so this will be looked at.

Cheers mike4scuba - really appreciate the advice because it's doing my head in. Going back into the garbage for further checks on Wednesday so this will be looked at.

Garage NOT garbage - predictive text strikes again........

I ask as the snap on code readers give the wrong definition for an egr fault and says it's and issue with the lambda sensor.

If the same fault is reoccurring post replacement then the next logical step would be a wiring check.

Cheers James - really appreciate your insight. The car is at the garage and they are looking at the wiring harness etc. Hopefully it's as straightforward as that.