Move&fun iPhone app

Bobbitch

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with the move&fun iPhone app? I have a 2017 SE with new phone cradle and app however I can not get the sat nav part of the app to talk to me. The app works as far as showing me the trip computer and playing my iTunes content but the sat nav function just won't speak directions.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Have had a few connection issues but it does usually connect eventually. The sat nav not giving spoken instructions isn't a massive issue as I will rarely use it but if it's supposed to speak then it should.

The total absence of a user manual doesn't help matters. The dealer showed me the best they could how to use it but it was all new to them too. I'll be contacting Skoda today to see if they can enlighten me or at least provide a manual.

Would be very interested to hear when you get any instructions - we got our Citigo last week and today got the Android app and have been trying to get it working.

If this is an improvement I don't know how anyone coped with the PID!

As mentioned the navigation app seems to be the silent version.

To download any map I wanted wifi as it takes ages, BUT the app also needed to be connected to the car otherwise it wouldn't function - so park car as near as possible to house and sit in car for 12 minutes while the UK map downloaded - and that is with good download speeds on usual use on the home computer. fibre etc!!

Slow and not intuitive is my first impression.

Would be very interested to hear when you get any instructions - we got our Citigo last week and today got the Android app and have been trying to get it working.

If this is an improvement I don't know how anyone coped with the PID!

As mentioned the navigation app seems to be the silent version.

To download any map I wanted wifi as it takes ages, BUT the app also needed to be connected to the car otherwise it wouldn't function - so park car as near as possible to house and sit in car for 12 minutes while the UK map downloaded - and that is with good download speeds on usual use on the home computer. fibre etc!!

Slow and not intuitive is my first impression.

If I get hold of a manual I'll certainly share it. No reply from Skoda UK as yet though and a search of their website was fruitless. I suspect, as with many phone apps, no manual exists.

So, Skoda's answer was, fiddle around with a few settings and if that doesn't work try reinstalling the app. Well, none of it worked so I am no further along. I essentially have a fancy trip computer instead of the multi function app I was expecting. A satnav that doesn't give spoken instructions is dangerous as you keep having to look at the screen to know where to go instead of looking at the road.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else has had any luck with it.

Guessing you have a text to speech app installed usually need configuration inititally

Do you get spoken word with your native navigation apps on your mobiles apple maps Google maps etc

Guessing you have a text to speech app installed usually need configuration inititally

Do you get spoken word with your native navigation apps on your mobiles apple maps Google maps etc

No text to speech app, shouldn't need one and Skoda customer services haven't mentioned needing one.

I can get Apple maps to give me directions through the car audio but only if I tell it to use Bluetooth output. There is no such option in the Move&fun app.

• 2 weeks later...

Sussed it folks!

Go to menu, sound settings, volume, announcements (turn it up so it's really almost too loud to tolerate) trust me!

Also in volume, turn Bluetooth audio up and navigation announcements.

One or other will work now.

It doesn't seem to interrupt the radio volume to give directions though. Must still be missing something.

Yes, same here. When playing music from my phone it does seem to work, mostly, but will not work when listening to the radio.

We tried a Garmin and a TomTom in the new holder but it's very definitely a no-no as the new holder isn't deep enough to take either, being made for flat phones. Integration with the app via the radio controls and stats and data that used to be on the PID would also be lost if using a non app Nav.

I tried the NAVIGON app on my iPhone which worked really well and interrupted all the other radio output but looked on the radio screen like I was "calling" myself when it gave an audio direction. This still allowed all the other Bluetooth phone integration too. Absolutely the way to go. May suggest a TomTom app to MrsViv as a cheaper alternative to full blown Nav but with more detail like speed limits and camera notification etc that don't appear on the Move&Fun.

Now we've found it's voice, the app Nav isn't a disaster but it's not half as good as the PID Nav. More choice to be explored though.

I picked up my new MY17 SE L 75PS Greentech 3 door on Thursday.

I'd already downloaded the iPhone app in readiness, but although I could get the Bluetooth to connect at the dealership, the app itself wouldn't connect. Deleting and redownloading it fixed that issue.

The nav does seem incredibly basic, but to be honest it does (and displays) everything I would want it to do (I'm not bothered about speed camera displays, etc), though I'm a bit disappointed that you can't seem to save favourite addresses.

Also, I've used the nav twice now. Once with music streaming, when it gave voice instructions, and then the second time with the radio playing, where it subdued (not muted) the radio volume to speak voice instructions, but didn't actually speak. Think I'll have a look at the volume settings again.

And yes, a user manual would be a bonus.

Sussed it!! There is an option labelled "Navigation" in the volume section of the sound settings of the headunit. By default it is turned to minimum so I turned it up and now I get spoken instructions when listening to the radio and streaming music from my phone.

It's still a very basic sat nav but hopefully it will improve with updates over time.

Just a question if I may,

When using a sat nav app, are you using Data from your allowance of does it just use the gps signal of the phone?

if it is a basic satnav then should use little or no mobile data,

if it has live traffic or live safety camera data or any other live data service then yes it will use mobile data,

• Like 1

Just a question if I may,

When using a sat nav app, are you using Data from your allowance of does it just use the gps signal of the phone?

The maps are offline so you won't use any data unless you turn on the live traffic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A couple of housekeeping points to raise!

Would it be a good idea to pin this question as, bearing in mind my experience of it so far, i feel we may be getting a few more questions about the new Move&Fun app that  is required with the new 2016/17 Citigo? Do we need another couple of sub-headers for this app? 

The app is labelled as being version 1.0 (always a warning in my experience!!) so here are a few questions to ponder.

1. What is the map update schedule and will we have to pay for that function?

2. Where do we direct requests, bug finds or suggestions regarding the functionality of the app?

3. Where do we direct requests for changes for incorrect mapping of roads or POIs?

4. Who do we talk to for help?

Any other suggestions I am sure would be welcome as we wait for the flood of comments ....................

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you create music playlists in the move and fun app on Android?

Doesn't recognise the lists from Google Play Music and I can't see how to create them from within the App despite their being a menu list for them.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Picked my Skoda Citigo up before Cristmas Still not fathomed out the so called app that I am supposed to use.... I am a senior citizen who coped well with my little PID. This set up is a nightmare for me It doesn't help me move anywhere, neither is it any fun!!!!! I was not aware that this would be my only SAT NAV when I ordered my car AND I have no CD player, Old fashioned I know but just another pain to download my music onto my phone plus I hear from you guys, cleverer than me that there are problems even playing music.

Luckily I do have an i-phone but what if I hadn't?

At the moment have reverted to my old TOM TOM Bliss xxxxx

I have the time to continue to follow this up so will try my best