Need help ! Just bought Superb 2

New to Skoda....

I Just bought a 2011 Superb 2 DSG 140

I'm absolutely in love with it except for one thing.....

It has a half leather / suede interior.

I find after around 15 min driving it gets very uncomfortable

The edges of the seats start digging into my thighs !!

When I get out of the car I am in agony !! with a pain in my back & down my legs. I'm average size 6ft tall / 14 stone mark.

Has anyone else experienced this & is there a solution ?

When you say the edges, are you talking about the seams between pieces of material or the padded bolsters at the sides?

While there's no adjustment on the side bolsters, there's quite a large amount of adjustment available in the seat otherwise, and it can take time to find a comfortable seating position. I'd suggest setting everything to its minimum and adjusting until you find something comfortable.

• Like 1

Being a tall driver (6ft 4") it took me ages to get comfortable when I bought my Superb II and was worried I'd made a big mistake  :sweat:

However - I persevered - in the past I always have driven in any car with the drivers seat fully back however for once the Superb II actually went too far back for me! After a bit of trial and error I'm now very comfortable with the seat a couple of notches forward and a bit higher than I've been used to in the past  :clap:

Another tweak to allow the side bolsters to "settle" is to carefully pull the side trims outwards either side of the seat

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

Both of my previous Mk2 Superbs had bolsters on the seat base that put pressure on my thighs. I found the seat gives a little over time.

As a temporary solution, try putting something on the seat base to relieve the pressure of the side bolsters by slightly raising the heigh at which you sit. 

Electric seat adjustment helps a lot. I've always suffered with lower back and hip problems in cars with manual seat adjustment. 

• Like 1

If you have a look in the archive you will see a few of us had this agonising problem and fixed it by removing the seat plastic side trim and bending outwards the half inch thick steel bar that the plastic trim sits on. This bar and the rigid plastic trim prevents the side seat bolster from spreading when you sit on it on the right hand side and causes it to dig into the sciatic nerve which unsurprisingly creates the pain. Since I bent the bar outwards on my seat the pain went for good. I only had to bend the bar sufficiently so that there was a finger widths gap between the bolster and the plastic trim so that the bolster could spread when sat on. I found that the gap was most important down near the seat back angle adjustment wheel, as that is where most of my weight pushed downwards onto the side bolster.

Edited by Pesmog
  • Like 1