Air Conditioner not working properly

Last two months i am experiencing very typical problem for my Octvia 2.0TDI Elegance, the airconditioner is workig eratically.

When i start the vehicle Driver Side (RHD) vents are throwing cool air where as passenger side vents are throughing just an air blow. After 10-15 minuts cool air from those vents starts coming but not as cool as its from the other side vents.

When I go for long drives after 50-60 km entire AC stops working and the car become like a vaccume chamber, typically in the sunny afternoons.

Took my vehicle to service staion couple of time, but they could not able to dignose the problem, once they did the basic settings and given the car back stating that the issue is being resolved.

But to my misfortue the problem still persist.

Does any one has experiance similer problem with your Octavia... please tell and if its being solved kindly tell me the exact dignosis and what is the solution taken.

Thanking you in advance

Ajit

Do not know of your problem or the answer but I believe the air conditioning system requires a recharging service after long use or perhaps there is a sensor that is not working properly. I would have expected your service people to find the cause if they are knowlegable about the Octavia.

• Like 1

Its definately not a common complaint for the Octavia.

I would suggest first to check the AC refridgerant level is ok & the radiator fan is working when AC is activated.

After this it becomes more complicated to check the AC pressure sensors/switches, temperature sensors etc & internal working of the HVAC system are ok.

• Like 1

Do not know of your problem or the answer but I believe the air conditioning system requires a recharging service after long use or perhaps there is a sensor that is not working properly. I would have expected your service people to find the cause if they are knowlegable about the Octavia.

Thnaks alot .. will sure check that..

Its definately not a common complaint for the Octavia.

I would suggest first to check the AC refridgerant level is ok & the radiator fan is working when AC is activated.

After this it becomes more complicated to check the AC pressure sensors/switches, temperature sensors etc & internal working of the HVAC system are ok.

Thanks alot ..will sure check that..