Biggest, Most power, Newest DPF free Diesel

whitep

I have the feeling the 2.0 PD140 had a DPF on the Audi but could depend on model year (2006 ish onwards?).

In terms of the V6 diesels. The 2.5 definitely didn't have a DPF but I hear a lot of problems with this engine.

The 3.0 TDI is the better engine but again they did introduce a DPF around the same year.

I have the feeling the 2.0 PD140 had a DPF on the Audi but could depend on model year (2006 ish onwards?).

In terms of the V6 diesels. The 2.5 definitely didn't have a DPF but I hear a lot of problems with this engine.

The 3.0 TDI is the better engine but again they did introduce a DPF around the same year.

look slik ethe 3.0 are all quattros? So DPF like the Octavia?

look slik ethe 3.0 are all quattros? So DPF like the Octavia?

So a quick google suggests that the more power 230bhp version (from March 06) has a DPF but the older 201bhp version does not.

The only other consideration then is the gearbox. On a 2005/2006 ish car it is likely to have the "multitronic" gearbox... which is just a big no! They are plagued with problems. When searching for a convertible we looked at Audi A4s and they all had the multitronic in and found a few very cheap cars described as having "gearbox problems".

Edit: Scrap that. The Quattros had a conventional 6 speed ZF made gearbox.

Edited by Phil-E

So a quick google suggests that the more power 230bhp version (from March 06) has a DPF but the older 201bhp version does not.

The only other consideration then is the gearbox. On a 2005/2006 ish car it is likely to have the "multitronic" gearbox... which is just a big no! They are plagued with problems. When searching for a convertible we looked at Audi A4s and they all had the multitronic in and found a few very cheap cars described as having "gearbox problems".

Edit: Scrap that. The Quattros had a conventional 6 speed ZF made gearbox.

ZF box, possibly the best box in the world

Ah yes! Forgot about that issue too.

They have oil pumps made of chocolate.

I think your best bet is going to be an Octavia L&K 2.0 PD140.

Unless you really fancy a V6 TDI in which case an Audi 3.0 TDI (prior to 2006).

• Like 1

8k seems a bit steep for that, but then again 80k miles... i was thinking 4-6 depending on spec. Xenons, Sunset glass, its ticking a lot of boxes. No sat nav which seems a shame but not unsummountable...

You're definitely right to go for an L&K. Most of the things that end up getting retrofitted and some which are really expensive like xenons as standard.

I take it you'd want a manual and not DSG?

This 09 is £5990

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/09-58-Skoda-Octavia-Estate-2-0TDI-PD-Laurin-Klement-Full-Skoda-Serv-Hist-/322274780157

I dont know, the Leon is a DSG and is wonderful to drive. And after driving the Leon a manual just seem slike so much effort, then again a manual is more fun, so im not too bothered.

I did see this one, but it screams cigar smoking uncle theodore to me, dont know why. Mind you beggars... choosers.....