timing chain tool

i have been waiting for my timing chain of the 1.8tsi octavia mk2 fl to be changed ordered from skoda timing chain etc is lying around with me for months ,but they official skoda dealership isn't getting the tool to do the work

can anyone guide me through the required tools necessary to undertake the repairs as I'm planning to buy it myself and give it to them 

links to buy will be helpful as well

p.s : i m experiencing slow cranking especially in the morning which could prove fatal with a car with a known timing tenisioner issue 

please guide me here 

thanks

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178678

All the tools are mentioned in that thread mate. You can get sets that have the majority of them in but the one is quite expensive (that holds the crank pulley) I am retiming mine so just tool the pulley of with my airgun though.

Edit: reading the op again why on earth are you supplying the tool to a dealer? I would go else where tbh mate as that's mental imo

Edited by King85

I was waiting for 3 months for the tools . i love the car ,they are not giving me a befitting answer as to when ill get it ,so I'm getting it.i know its insane and wierd but what to do,

service for skoda in india is the worst in the world 

That counter hold tool is on the dealer compulsory tool list so they have to have it, but it can be done without it.

The chain swap on these engines is relatively straight forward; the sprockets are all marked as is the chain so you can't really go wrong!

• 5 weeks later...