SD card slot on Bolero

nogmog

Hello,

I bought an micro sdxc 128gb card to use for music. I'm using a micro sd adapter that came with the card (samsung evo+). It all works great when you push the card in, music plays instantly. The only issue is on the odd ocassion, perhaps one in 4 or 5 times when you turn the key the card is no longer recognised and is greyed out. The only way to resolve is to eject and re-insert, then all works well until for whatever reason the issue above resurfaces.

There are apparently no updates according to the dealer, so wondering if anyone else has either experienced this or can suggest a fix?

Thanks.

Well -  I was having no problem - for a full year. And when I began to hear people having SD card probs - in cars and cameras - my SD cards started misbehaving too - both in car and cameras !! And the laptop!

Not sure if its very flimsy contacts in the SD units.

They do seem to need being pushed home fully and then moved back out, just a "smidge" for them to make contact.

Even so - on mine, the SD card seems to re-connect every so often, out of the blue, the unit switches over from radio to SD card or bluetooth audio to SD card. Most annoying. I haven't tried putting contact cleaner on the card's contacts yet - but that's my next plan!

It hasn't so far done it whilst in use. Only sometimes after coming back to the car several hours later. That's what makes me think it's more software related.

The car is under warranty still of course, but unsure of this qualifies. Hence wanting to understand the scope of the issue for others here.

How much music is on there

Had a similar problem on an older bolero on a roomster/fabia

Some of the really old models had issues with users over 2gb not saying that's the problem but depending in file structure maybe it's taking its time reading the SD card and crashing

Mine is set up

A-d

E-l

Etc etc

It fixwd the issue on the old bolero might be something to consider

Plus I only ran a 32gb card

Around 20GB at present.

I don't get the crashing bit. Works if you pop it out and back in so why would it fail intermittently if it were file system related?

Would be nice to see logs of some sort but I gather none would be generated.

Around 20GB at present.

I don't get the crashing bit. Works if you pop it out and back in so why would it fail intermittently if it were file system related?

Would be nice to see logs of some sort but I gather none would be generated.

But what's the file structure are they all on the root or in individual folders

After reading in the handbook that it was not advisable to use the micro SD card i have been using the full size card for the last 18 months with no problems Joe

Thanks Joe. I must have missed that bit in the manual. Will give it a shot - cheers!

Be aware that there is a flood of 'fake' SDHC cards coming in from Europe at the moment. These often do not have the reported amount of capacity available AND often they are very stiff to enter and exit the SD slots. This stiffness can usually be overcome by a little de-burring along the sides of the card however. San Disk and Kingston are two such manufacturers targeted by dealers online.

Edited by 2ndskoda