2x Dayton vs 1x Continental or 1x Dunlop

Sec8200

What is your opinion (had a long fight w/ friends) - shall I buy two times Dayton Evo DW510 FR (with rim protection) every two years INSTEAD OF buying once per four years Continental TS860 or Dunlop WinterSport 5 (both w/ rim protection)?

In the beginning premiums will be better on wet and snow, but what happens after second season w/ them against normal branded tyre (btw part of Bridgestone group is Dayton).

My answer is ignoring the brand of cheap tyre, and assuming that you get a mid range (As I don't know the Dayton).

Primarily tread depth, compound and tread pattern define the level of grip.

If you're doing tiny mileage, then I'd say go with a single premium tyre.

If you're doing higher mileage, then look for something a little cheaper, but still good on cold/snow if not a bad idea.

The grip on cold damp roads is what we primarily need in the UK, with the ability to at least get you home when the snow comes.

The first IMHO is more down to compound and tread pattern, with the second one needing the tread depth.

They're all useless below 4mm in snow anyway.

Since you're not aiming for mega snow, I'd probably lean on something that's a known good.

You really need to see some reviews of the Dayton (Are they just an old bridgestone tyre rebranded?)

How's your Polish?

http://www.oponeo.pl/dane-opony/dayton-dw510-evo-205-55-r16-91-h-fr

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Thank you!

Yeap it's part of Bridgestone, maybe old model being produced in Italian factory.

Anyway decided to go for premium, not sure Conti TS860, GoodYear UG9 or Dunlop WSPT 5 but will sleep with it few nights and decide. Already I've read whole inet..