Skoda Fabia VRS Rally car Project?

Hozzy14

Hi.

My Dad is looking to get back into rallying as he had to give it up due to costs with me being born and other stuff.

he is looking for a FWD car that has good potential so i suggested a Mk1 fabia VRS as i have always had an interest in them. plus diesel is something different. 

just wondering if anyone has ever done it on an amature level and if so how did they go about doing it.

I have good knowledge of how to get to 300hp just need advice on stuff like roll cage, bucket seats, maby 4WD, LSD and Suspension, stuff like that.

We have a workshop where they run a rally school out of but no one has any experience with VAG Group so I thought that this will be the best place to come.

if we do go ahead with the build i will make a build thread.

Any advice is appreciated.

Oscar 

I have one that I used on sv events. Due to illness it has sat for nearly 2 years. Build thread in my signature..could well be parted with it for a reasonable offer along with spare shell with a good no plate on it.

Not sure on the 4wd side of things, that would take some serious work to create. The bucket seats can be simply welded onto a set of donor seat brackets and mounted that way. Have a look at the 1.8T fantasy green Fabia, I think it is/was Trevors' project, he had a roll cage made for that. Some great ideas on his build thread too in terms of stripping weight.

Lsd is reasonably well covered too, have a read up but it's pretty much a full gearbox rebuild and around a grand for the diff.

Try and find the video of a Fabia on a hill sprint with a 'top exit' exhaust straight out the middle of the bonnet. Looks interesting that's for sure.

JRJG

Not sure on the 4wd side of things, that would take some serious work to create.

Search on Milotec Dragon. It's mainly Audi TT Mk I bits so cheap as chips these days and if you have access to a full-on workshop I'd say go for it. They sold it as a kit. Maybe they still do.

I wouldn't bother with the 4x4 system for rallying. For a start it puts you in the big banger class with wrc's and a reasonably well sorted fwd is more nimble.

Not sure on the 4wd side of things, that would take some serious work to create. The bucket seats can be simply welded onto a set of donor seat brackets and mounted that way. Have a look at the 1.8T fantasy green Fabia, I think it is/was Trevors' project, he had a roll cage made for that. Some great ideas on his build thread too in terms of stripping weight.

Lsd is reasonably well covered too, have a read up but it's pretty much a full gearbox rebuild and around a grand for the diff.

Try and find the video of a Fabia on a hill sprint with a 'top exit' exhaust straight out the middle of the bonnet. Looks interesting that's for sure.

JRJG

https://youtu.be/0GcwQk5o6dU

This one? The black soot steam train 4x4 Fabia...