SatNAV update

I've got 2013 Octavia Elegance MK3 from an indy dealer. I came to try and update the SATNAV as its on 2013 still but after trying the downloads i was told my Admunsen was only possible to update with a £220 charge. Can this be true? Is there any way round if it is? I have no idea how hey came up with that price when google do it for free.

I've got 2013 Octavia Elegance MK3 from an indy dealer. I came to try and update the SATNAV as its on 2013 still but after trying the downloads i was told my Admunsen was only possible to update with a £220 charge. Can this be true? Is there any way round if it is? I have no idea how hey came up with that price when google do it for free.

Yours will be and mib1 unit so downloads are not an option.

Do you get that message after typing your vin in the portal?

If yes, search this forum for the link to the direct download and try that.

Are you talking about updating the maps or the firmware?

I have a 2015 with the MIB1 Amundsen and have downloaded the map update from the Skoda portal without a problem just by entering my VIN, but it's been said on here that updates are only free for 3 years (up to 6 updates).

Firmware is officially impossible for anyone other than a dealer, but many of us here have updated the firmware to version 0475 thanks to aki78 (search this forum).

I just want updated maps. I tried the vin thing and it didn't work. I contacted skoda and they said my model couldn't be updated online. Will a firmware upgrade allow a download update?.

I just want updated maps. I tried the vin thing and it didn't work. I contacted skoda and they said my model couldn't be updated online. Will a firmware upgrade allow a download update?.

As I said, try finding the direct download link for the mapupdate. There is a thread about it somewhere on this forum.

I dont know how they enforce the 3 year limit. But perhaps downloading the maps without entering vin might be a way around.

Online, no - but if you can download the maps then on the Amundsen you update them using the original map SD card (it has to be the original Skoda SD card not just any SD card).

• Like 1

But perhaps downloading the maps without entering vin might be a way around.

I just tried that, if you don't enter a VIN then you don't get given a link to the map update.

So as you said earlier OP needs a direct link to the update.

Edited by PetrolDave

I just tried that, if you don't enter a VIN then you don't get given a link to the map update.

So as you said earlier OP needs a direct link to the update.

And that link has been posted on this board somewhere, both for the Amundsen and Columbus.

Try searching for "direct link" or something like that. Im browsing from my phone, so its a bit more hassle than doing it from the computer.

The font of all knowledge on most topics and maps in particular is "andyvee" so search for him and you should find a direct link for the Amundsen system.

It can be tricky to perform but well worth it !!