Seat build delays

gullyg

Not on a seat forum but there's a lot of people here knowledgable about VAG as a whole.

A friend ordered a petrol Ibiza dsg (don't know anymore at the moment - she's not a car person) in July and is still waiting for a build date. Something about engine issues.

Anyone know anything about seat build delays at the moment. A quick google / scan of uk seat forums didn't show much but might be being blind.

Cheers

Dont know about delays now, guy at work waited ages for his a russet brown colour. Big chip down inside of door, and finger prints inside of speedo display shocking really.

His last one was the green colour, went back 3 times for seat splitting on bolsters. Dont think they are that well made to be honest.

Dont know about delays now, guy at work waited ages for his a russet brown colour. Big chip down inside of door, and finger prints inside of speedo display shocking really.

His last one was the green colour, went back 3 times for seat splitting on bolsters. Dont think they are that well made to be honest.

Yeah she announced she'd bought this with much excitement a while ago. I just kept my mouth shut.

Mind you my Skoda hasn't been much better - turned up immaculate but soon developed problems and plenty of them.

Think its a lot of manufacturers now Bmw paint looks like orange peel. Not exactly what you would be expecting,concidering the cost. Think thats why a lot of people have 

cars sent straight to detailers to put them right.

Edited by kidology

The 2.0TDI 150ps Manual Seat Ateca 2wd was withdrawn from the Order Books possible due to Co2 g/Km Irregularities (Implausible EU Test Results.)

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=203

If the supplying dealership is not keeping her properly informed on her Ibiza order then she needs to ask Seat UK Customer Services what is going on.

?

What engine has the car that she has ordered to have?

EDIT,

i see they are just doing a 1.0 ECO 110ps TSI DSG.

(or the 1.4TDI 90 ps DSG with a ST)

Edited by Offski

Aye, she's away to speak to the Seat UK tomorrow to see what's going on.

Trying to stay out of this one to be honest - I've long ago learn not to get too involved with these things as they come back to bite you!

I am reliably told by a very honest Seat employee in a dealership that the delay with the DSG for the small capacity engine vehicles is the issue with manufacturing delays / shortages.

So that is what the Sales employees are being told....

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

I am reliably told by a very honest Seat employee in a dealership that the delay with the DSG for the small capacity engine vehicles is the issue with manufacturing delays / shortages.

So that is what the Sales employees are being told....

Interesting. I've still not heard what she's been told as she's been on nights.

It's an order for a 2nd car so at least she's not stuck with a finance issue etc but I'd be pushing for some sort of recompense.

I'll update if I find out more.