All season tyres for yeti 4x4

Robunderoak

16 hours ago, Expatman said:

Okay, I see now these are cheaper tyres and not in the premium class of Michelin etc. Personally as the only contact my Yeti, containing everything I hold dearest, has with the road is the footprint of 4 tyres I will always buy  the top rated tyres from premium manufacturers. Might economise on some things but NOT on tyres!

4 hours ago, Zarniwoop said:

Well,  not quite.  I think Michelin invented the term "Cross Climate" for their all-season tyres,  so it started off as their brand identifier,  but the term has become linked with similar type tyres from other manufacturers,  in the same way as "all Biros are ball-point pens,  but not all ball-point pens are Biros".

4 hours ago, Zarniwoop said:

Well,  not quite.  I think Michelin invented the term "Cross Climate" for their all-season tyres,  so it started off as their brand identifier,  but the term has become linked with similar type tyres from other manufacturers,  in the same way as "all Biros are ball-point pens,  but not all ball-point pens are Biros".

16 hours ago, Expatman said:

Okay, I see now these are cheaper tyres and not in the premium class of Michelin etc. Personally as the only contact my Yeti, containing everything I hold dearest, has with the road is the footprint of 4 tyres I will always buy  the top rated tyres from premium manufacturers. Might economise on some things but NOT on tyres!

Rated The Maxxis AP2 all-season passenger car tyre was rated in fourth place in a series of performance tests recently carried out by Auto Express magazine. Maxxis scored an average of 95.4 per cent over a total of 14 disciplines, surpassing the score of comparative tyres from the likes of global giants Pirelli and Bridgestone.

Good in snow and poor conditions, but take care if using all year in the UK. Not the strongest.  All Weather / All-Season etc etc, but maybe not all Year and not like 'Michelin CrossClimates'.

Magazine road testers / tyres testers are not fitting to their cars and running 'Long Term', or maybe even paying with their cash / money and reporting back in 8-12 months on how they have done....

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/382657-ap2-all-season-tyres

This is the first place i have ever heard someone call All Season / All Weather tyres by other manufacturers CrossClimates that were not CrossClimates.

Not sure where this is happening or by whom other than the poster here...

DSCN3645.JPG.ce5d86818560f2ec082d560037023b7f.jpeg

DSCN3661.JPG.21162994e706519bc22ebe2eed7bcaca.jpeg

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMark said:

Rated The Maxxis AP2 all-season passenger car tyre was rated in fourth place in a series of performance tests recently carried out by Auto Express magazine. Maxxis scored an average of 95.4 per cent over a total of 14 disciplines, surpassing the score of comparative tyres from the likes of global giants Pirelli and Bridgestone.

Yes, but that was in 2015. They weren't in any subsequent AutoExpress test.

As I said before tyres are your only contact with the road so, personally, I stick with premium makes.

It appears that Crossclimate was registered as an international trademark of Michelin last year.

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/crossclimate-87639597.html

Will Crossclimate ever join the ranks of Hoover, Biro, Thermos, Walkman, Jet Ski, Bubble Wrap, Ansafone, Coke, etc etc to name a few? - I wonder....

Edited by muddyjim

Certainly "Premium" is a perception, and what is premium or budget in one region/market can be the opposite in another.

Tyres are very subjective and personal in what you choose and like, but in my 40+ years of driving I can honestly say some of the worst tyres I have ever experienced have come from Michelin, Continental and Goodyear. 

Getting the match between chassis and tyre is very difficult to suit your preferences, and since the "contact patch" is the same regardless of make go with what ever you like/prefer but I would advise against blind worship of a brand because of the perceived quality or performance ... not that long ago, Nokian were perceived in the UK as budget crap despite being very highly regarded (Premium manufacture) in Scandinavian and Central European markets for winter tyres, why ... ? in the UK we always seem to discount what we don't know or have never heard of .... cutting of our nose to spice our face seems to be ingrained in the psyche, and as to advice from tyre shops .... yeah, whatever they sell with the biggest profit is naturally the best tyre from their point of view.

Moral of the story ... buy whatever makes you feel reassured, after all its your money and you are entitled to your own opinion.

:)

Edited by TruckbusUK
typo
  • Thanks 2