Studio Lighting Solutions

Chubbs

Hi

I know some of you have awesome 'studio' set-ups, commercial and domestic and I'm looking to upgrade the lighting in mine.  Everything seems to be going 'LED' so will be heading in this direction.

Anyone any specific product recommendations or supplier recommendations please?

Regards

Chubbs

Interesting one..... never had a full studio setup but tried a few different lights.

My old garage was already installed with ample lights; but new garage needs some work.

Anyway - i documented most of the options i researched on this thread....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/312975-detailing-light-sources/

Hopefully there is some useful info inthere - but as always, technology moves on every year... :thumbup:

• Like 1

Interesting one..... never had a full studio setup but tried a few different. lights.

My old garage was already installed with ample lights; but new garage needs some work.

Anyway - i documented most of the options i researched on this thread....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/312975-detailing-light-sources/

Hopefully there is some useful info inthere - but as always, technology moves on every year... :thumbup:

Thanks Ste, look forward to reading that later this morning!

Just had a read.......some great info in there Ste, thanks!  However, I didn't make myself clear, apologies......I was referring to fixed roof lighting for the studio in general.  Any thoughts?

Just had a read.......some great info in there Ste, thanks!  However, I didn't make myself clear, apologies......I was referring to fixed roof lighting for the studio in general.  Any thoughts?

No, not at all - i think your title was clear actually.

I dont have much experience on studio lights..... my garage is way too full of crap to attempt that!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

So i just shared my thread on other types to consider and temporary useful options.

The 50W LED spot lights seem popular in many detailing bays i've visited.

Also Costco are doing a decent dual LED "flourecent-style" light unit for roof installs.

F6HJT4PIDK2L5DV.LARGE.jpg

After that - i'm running out of options for you mate.

• Like 2

No, not at all - i think your title was clear actually.

I dont have much experience on studio lights..... my garage is way too full of crap to attempt that!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

So i just shared my thread on other types to consider and temporary useful options.

The 50W LED spot lights seem popular in many detailing bays i've visited.

Also Costco are doing a decent dual LED "flourecent-style" light unit for roof installs.

F6HJT4PIDK2L5DV.LARGE.jpg

After that - i'm running out of options for you mate.

That's spot on Ste - interesting you mention Costco - just got an account and will be going later this week, result!

Cheers

David

Larry Kosilla, of Ammo NYC fame, has just done a video of his garage getting renovated for detailing, and there's a part of it where he talks about lights. Interesting video.

Karl sent me the link to this at the weekend but not watched it as yet!

I've been trying to reduce the detailing spend recently....  and FAILED!!! :x :x :x

Larry Kosilla, of Ammo NYC fame, has just done a video of his garage getting renovated for detailing, and there's a part of it where he talks about lights. Interesting video.

Saw the video post the other day but didn't click the link. Who'd have thought they would've used those lights - great result though!  I must say.......I NEED those quick lift jacks....awesome!!!!