2 things...

Recently I have noticed a squeaky/squealing noise coming from inside the car to the left - glove box area. I have looked at the various threads on here about loosening/tightening various screws and adding some washers etc but the noise only seems to happen when I have the blowers on and when I am on the move? I havent been able to fully locate where its coming from as yet but thought I would see if anyone has had a similar problem?

Secondly I am wanting to change the number plate bulbs for LED bulbs (again I know this has been covered numerous times) but I am slightly confused - I have the LE Ocatvia so it an 09 plate pre FL shape with FL internals (I think thats right) . When searching eBay for example I get 2 options - LED bulbs that are supposedly error free and some which have the resistor wired in as a kit. Which ones should I be looking at? :notme:

For the lights I'd fit these, inline: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252238066810

....and then any LED bulbs you choose, personally I'd just go for the festoon type with maybe 3-6 leds per bulb in the original bulb holders, the LED ones that come built in with new holders and so on tend to be far too bright (too many SMD LED's) and light up half the road behind the car which looks a bit daft in my opinion.

Edited by Muzza80

Have recently replaced my number plate lights, with ones purchased from Fizzmo (on eBay, a recommended by others on here). They work an absolute treat too.

I went for the 4 led (with heatsink) replacements if it helps, and they are bright.

(http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?sid=fizzmocouk&isRefine=true&_pgn=t)

No errors at all on my 57 reg Mk II Octavia, but they didn't work that well on my wife's 2010 reg Fabia without flickering :(

• Like 1