Superb Mk3 Driver door problems

Hi, We have been enjoying our Mk 3 superb since 29th March & put almost 9K miles on it.

I noticed a few weeks ago the driver door feeling a bit stiff on opening to get out.

I thought nothing of it to start with.

I then realised that something wasn't right when it got worse I checked the shut lines & saw all was OK, initially thinking the hinges might have dropped. I further investigated & realised that the rubber gasket that holds the chrome trim has moved backwards & has been rubbing on the rear door rubber. I had noticed that the chrome strip had also moved & was rubbing more than the rubber. The gaps next to the wing mirror were the tell tale when compared to the passenger side.

I managed to push the chrome strip back a bit & tried to do the same with the rubber but only lasted for a couple of days.

We took the car to our local dealer & they said they had not come across the problem before.

I had since I saw another Superb 3 with the chrome trim of the OSR door sticking out. This makes sense as our chrome trim has also now been bent & shall need replacing when it goes in for the warranty repair of the rubber gasket.

The dealer has stuck gaffer tape over the rear rubber  chrome to stop them from further damage but it isnt working that great as I have already had to replace it & push the rubber back twice.

Wondering if anyone else has got the same issue.

I shall try & get some pictures to show the issue.

Thanks

This same topic is discussed further down the forum on window trim problem.

Thanks.

I had spent some time trying to find something similar but had no luck until after I wrote this.

Funny my dealer hasn't heard of it!!

Make sure the rubber gets moved as thats what is causing the issue

AFAIK it should be replaced, going by my experience...

They needed the car for at least 5 ½ hours as the rubbers are apparently bonded into place??

I think I was one of the earliest to suffer this problem and get it sorted, in as far as Škoda seemed unaware of the issue at the time and asked for a full report from the dealership's workshop.

Initially the workshop had relocated the driver door rubber a few mm and replaced the rear door chrome trim. Škoda weren't satisfied and insisted the rubber and chrome be replaced on both the driver and rear offside doors.

The car was initially booked in for one day but it took three days to get it "resolved".

Fortunately spare parts were available within 24 hours but it seems there's been a rush on these parts as so many have subsequently suffered the same fault.

At least it should now be a one-day job once the replacement parts arrive.