Recirculate mode button issue?

When I press the recirculate mode button it lights up a couple of seconds and then turns off again.  Usually a second press engages it properly but sometimes it takes a few goes.  Does anyone else have this issue/feature?  

Never noticed something like this. Though, recently, I attempted to turn off the recirculate and found that it was already turned off. I thought I simply forgot that I had turned it off and didn't care.

I occasionally use it when I am stuck in traffic or I realise there is noticeable pollution, and never noticed it. I'll keep an eye.

If you press the 'Menu' button on the climate panel, a menu opens on the radio screen. In there is an option for 'auto recirculation'. Maybe that is on, and therefor doesn't allow a manual override?

If you press the 'Menu' button on the climate panel, a menu opens on the radio screen. In there is an option for 'auto recirculation'. Maybe that is on, and therefor doesn't allow a manual override?

Hi,

Thanks - I had completely missed that menu but when I checked it tonight the 'auto recirculation' option wasn't ticked.  I'm very happy to have found it though :-)  I had assumed that my car didn't have the AQS as the Irish brochure and configurator don't mention it at all. 

I have also found this. when you switch the recirc on it turns the a/c on. when you turn the a/c off then the recirc cancels. it stays on however if you repeat this.

the recirc then tends to cancel itself after a short while which is irritating if you are trying to warm the car and don't want the a/c on.

i have tested this on mine.. even with the auto recirculation button ticked, if i press air recycle from auto, it flicks into air re-circle mode for a second and then trips back.

However if i press it again it stays on recircle mode.... and continues to do so repeating the process.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...