Skoda Fabia VRS MK1 Xenon Headlight Trouble

Hello, new to this site.

I'm having some trouble with my headlights on my 2006 Fabia VRS.

It has the xenon headlights, I'm currently looking to upgrade the bulbs as they're quite dull. What bulb type would I need to get, or can I retrofit an aftermarket HID kit to my headlights and remove the existing ballast on the passenger side? Had a go earlier to try and find out what bulb type I needed,but couldn't get any room to remove the actual xenon part, to see what type of bulb it is!

It's pretty straightforward to pop the headlights out if you have space problems, simply remove the two torx bolts holding the top of the bumper to allow it to flex, then remove the three torx bolts, two on top and one behind and the 10mm hex at the front and you can tilt them enough to come out and release the plug once they're hanging out.

Inspect the reflectors carefully, Xenons get very hot and have been known to damage the reflective coating reducing the light output.

Bulbs are D2S if they're genuine.

As above though, the dullness might not be down to the bulb age. The projector bowl over time may well have burnt out, meaning the reflective coating on it may be no more. So even if you did buy new bulbs they may not make any much of a difference

• 2 weeks later...

Late reply, I've had a look and found out that my actual headlight housing is broke, and it's completely aiming at the floor. The garage I brought it from gave it a 'Full years MOT' Is it easy to take a headlight apart to try and repair it. Because otehrwise it's £670 for a new headlight from Skoda themselves. I've found some on eBay with some DRLS built in. However, it says they're not for use with Factory HID or Xenon cars. Will this matter if I cut into the wires and wire it up myself, with new bulbs and HID Kit?