Any known random leak points?

Got a small leak coming from somewhere on the drivers side, but it doesn't look to be through the door membranes or doors themselves (had a hose over both doors and not a drop!): the largish black rubber covered sponge bit in the corner behind the accelerator is just a bit damp at the bottom and it's doing my head in! :dull:

So, anyone got any ideas where I might be getting a small amount of water inside towards the front behind the pedals??

places you can check.

• check around scuttle cover at the bottom of the window
  • check that the pipes feeding away under scuttle cover arent blocked 
  • check pipe that comes down near hinges of the door. 

is the floor carpet wet or just drips?

Bit of an odd one, it's the underlay, and the rubber backed bit that runs across the bulkhead, although it's literally only on the bits on the doorside of the accelerator. They're acting like a sponge to soak up the small amount from wherever it came in. Unbolted the accelerator and got in there easily (put some kitchen paper down there to soak up a bit) but just baffling where it's come from. At present, the door kick-trims are off and the door seal is bone dry in all the folds so struggling to see where it could come in.

I had an issue with the passenger side turned out to be a drain grommet had perished and water was getting splashed into underlay? There is posts about cracks in the wheel arch and water coming in that way too? Might be somewhere else to look?

Have you had any work done recently? Have you had a windscreen fitted?

Do you have a sunroof?

Cannot think of anything on the A post itself never had problems in that area other than perished drain tubes as already mentioned.

Is it dry around the steering column and clutch?

Edited by Busamad

Yes, sunroof, but I check the pipes don't bung up where they come out by the hinge as that seems the obvious place. When I had it stripped out before, I blasted water down the tube and was fine.

Everywhere else seems dry, just that small patch where the water must be sitting.

Wondering if I've just brought it in on my feet with me somehow. Will keep looking I guess.

Make sure the skuttle tray under the wipers is properly clipped in. Mine was lose on the passenger side causing excess condensation in the car. Also ensure the door drains are clear. Worth checking the rubber boots that carry the wiring into the doors is securely fitted and not damaged.