My fabia reg 63 1.6tdi 105hp CR needs coolant topped up every so often. when I check the car over oil, tyres windscreen wash etc I notice the coolant level is low down to minimum. Have never had a light to indicate low coolant but wonder if anyone else has an issue like this. I am not a high milege driver

Low as in above minimum is OK if it stays there.

If you are topping up near MAX and it then drops to above MIN and stays there that is fine.

If you are loosing coolant after it has dropped to where it is now then you need to find out why.

Is your Antifreeze strength OK now, and when are you due a new water pump?

• Like 1

Low as in above minimum is OK if it stays there.

If you are topping up near MAX and it then drops to above MIN and stays there that is fine.

If you are loosing coolant after it has dropped to where it is now then you need to find out why.

Is your Antifreeze strength OK now, and when are you due a new water pump?

Antifreeze strength is ok and tested, only done 37k on a 63 reg so water pump not due yet. I have never let it go below MIN. So I will check it the next time when the engine is hot after a few miles to see if it is below the MIN. Thanks

Mine was only on 24k when it had a slight coolant leak coming from the water pump. Best getting it checked. It cost £399 from the skoda main dealers to replace it for a new one including new belts.