bignorm's monte carlo.

bignorm

I thought it was about time I started a thread as I now start to do some tinkering to my Monte Carlo. I've been on here a while but not posted that much.

My last car was a mk1 golf gti rivage which I restored to a high standard. Before that I had a mk4 golf gti which was oem+ and won it's class in its first show before someone crashed into me.

Anyway, the car in question now is a 2012 1.6tdi Monte Carlo in white/black.

Bought the car completely standard and in very good condition.

I got plans for it but these might change as I go.

These are my previous 2 cars.

IMG_00351283x855.jpg

IMG_00531283x855.jpg

IMG_00121283x855.jpg

20160323_195053_zps89hryvlw.png

DSC04797_zpsqke9op89.jpg

20160323_194933_zpstvzs5jio.png

I'll post some pics of my Monte later on.

• Like 1

Picked up 2 spare original wheels for a good price.

I will keep one to replace the spare in the boot and the other will be sold on after a full refurb.

The car is going to be oem+ so I'll be sticking to the monty wheels but they might have a little makeover.

20160816_235645-01_zpscyug1xnl.jpeg

• Like 1

What are you thinking of with the monte wheels. Mine are immaculate but im not too sure on them

I think they look a little lost in the arches as they are black, they just blend in to much.

One of my spares are being fully refurbished and colour coded white to match the bodywork. I'll wait till its back before deciding if I stick with them or buy new wheels.

Guest BigJase88

I have a red monte though. Dont think red wheels would go! Would love a white one! Mines looks like a postman pat van

• 2 weeks later...

I have a red monte though. Dont think red wheels would go! Would love a white one! Mines looks like a postman pat van

I'd go anthracite Jase. That's what I'll probably do with mine if/when the time comes. I've always found it works well with red.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing really happend recently due to my back still being knackered.

I did send a original Monte Carlo wheel to a mate to refurb it and paint it white. The original black ones just get lost in the arches.

I will send the other 4 off soon to be done.

received_1314740525211915_zps4oilpu1p.jp

Edited by bignorm