New Scout Member from Australia

SKODA3

Hallo all,

After 20 years of owning Volkswagens, (5 x Golf, 1 x T4 Transporter & 1 x 9N Polo which we still have), we bought a 2015 Skoda Octavia Scout Demonstrator.

Delivery was 30th July. 

2.0L Diesel, 110 Kw, 6 speed Manual, 17" Nivalis wheels with Continental SportContact 3 tyres.

Loving it at the moment and looking for to going places we weren't able to in our Golf BlueMotion.

Maris

Morning (or evening) Maris  :hi:

It's nice to see the different shades of Skoda gaining popularity in Oz.

Gaz

Thank you Gaz.

The Scout had interested me for about 6 years, until all the Planets became aligned and we were able to afford one.

Only real gripe is no Sat Nav. I can't understand that one.

Maris

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy many trouble free miles in the Scout.

Depending on what side of 2015 it was built it may have satnav, as the radios were upgraded to MIB 2 meaning it'll have smartlink so you can use Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy many trouble free miles in the Scout.

Depending on what side of 2015 it was built it may have satnav, as the radios were upgraded to MIB 2 meaning it'll have smartlink so you can use Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

It was built November 2015. 

It has the smartlink in the unit, but it's not active. I think the Dealer needs to do something?

Maris

The dealer just needs to activate smartlink so, there's usually a cost involved. I'm not sure how much it would be in Australia, but I'd expect a minimum of $200.

:x  :peek: