golf r intercooler fitting 1k0 145 803 BP

ian89

I have purchased the intercooler from the golf r/leon cupra r 1k0 145 803 BP just wondering if anyone can help with what pipes I will need for this and maybe advice on how to fit it?

cheers in advance

• 2 months later...

You can modify your existing boost pipes to fit, just carefully cut off the bayonet connector from the intercooler end of each pipe, and use jubilee clips to fasten.

DSC_0996.JPG

post-95660-0-50592200-1485155239_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr G 76

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 08/12/2018 at 07:45, dcstuurman said:

Can you tell how much bigger it is? I've looked at mine, but looks like a decent size to start with.

unfortunately all my specifications are on the old Car & Image website which died a couple of years back so take these figures with a grain of salt. 

For the plastic end tank R/S3 IC there's about 50 cubic inches volume difference.  GTI/vRS IC is 35mm thick; the plastic tank R/S3 is ~41mm.   The end tanks flow better and there  are more tubes (27 vs 31) for better heat transfer.

Note that in some "hot climate" markets the GTI/vRS IC came stock with the R/S3 IC from 2011 onwards.

In a 1.8tsi it's a worthwhile mod as the stock IC is ~28mm, possibly not so worthwhile in a vRS.  If it has to look stock for insurance purposes the go for it, otherwise go for one of the bigger 52mm core units with alloy end tanks.

i paid AUD100 for my Golf r IC and the DIY fitment was 4 hours (?).  The IC was so cheap that I don't intend to remove it when i de-mod the car for sale.

Edited by brad1.8T