Engine shield better sound insulation

Hi i have few questions regarding this option if it is worth it " plastic shield for the engine ":

First : if you don't spec thIs option what does it mean that it does not have any shield ?

Second : if specd does it help for better sound insulation coming from engine ?

Third: if specd can it influence neagtively the engine like say higher temperature...so on so forth... if anyone has this option please advise.

Thx a lot

IMHO it has nothing to do with sound insulation. It is a plastic cover to protect the engine bay from underside (i.e. stray stone chips and the like, or give an additional layer of protection for the oil pan). Might worth it if you drive on gravel or rutted roads often.

• Like 1

Not sure on your local spec.. but the UK cars come with a plastic undertray... we have the option to upgrade to a rough road pack..

As above.. its a practical option.. not a sound reducing option..

Edited by RickTT

Yea in Romania it is a separate option the plastic engine shield, aprox 100 Eur and i was wondering if it is helpful with anything... so Rick thx for the answer so i get that you have it on your Superb and everything is ok from all points of view ? (You know that you have it cuz you ve seen it or your dealer told you?)

Thx

Edited by Corbu33

Yea in Romania it is a separate option the plastic engine shield, aprox 100 Eur and i was wondering if it is helpful with anything... so Rick thx for the answer so i get that you have it on your Superb and everything is ok from all points of view ? (You know that you have it cuz you ve seen it or your dealer told you?)

Thx

Sorry for the UP but i am really curious on others which have this"option"... thx and sorry

Sorry for the UP but i am really curious on others which have this"option"... thx and sorry

Came standard on my January 2016 model Skoda Fabia III hatch. I am in Australia.

Edited by Skomie6

Are you talking about an under tray or a plastic cover over the top of the engine?

I thought the under tray was standard not just for protection but for improved aerodynamic drag and would be part of the engine cooling design.

The plastic cover on top of the engine is mostly cosmetic but stops a bit of dirt

• Like 1

Think you might have to speak to your dealer for clarification.

Under trays are usually standard on all models for the reasons I mentioned before.

Top plastic cover is standard on tdi but not usually on the smaller petrol engines.

In Romania, who knows?

Still think you have to contact the dealer to find out what it actually is as the product description is inadequate

There so many variations for specifications and what are considered options offered in different countries that no one really knows what it is.

Don't expect any "plastic shield for the engine" to make any improvement to sound insulation or have any detrimental effects on cooling.

Your money of course but a phone call or e-mail is a lot less than 105 euro. :)