Columbus won't recognise SMS messages

I had a Galaxy S2 (Android 4.0.4) and there were no issues. Now I have a Motorola G (Android 6.0) and it works fine with the car in every respect except text messages. It has occasionally worked but for the most part when I receive an SMS when in the car, it doesn't display on my text message icon on Columbus. If I hit the text message button on Columbus, it won't show inbox, sent items etc. The thing is, on the odd occasion it works.

Anyone got any ideas? I tried the old phone and it still works every time.

p.s on my phone in the bluetooth menu under paired devices, the Skoda has 3 boxes ticked for phone audio, contact sharing and message access. The thing is, when I hit the settings cog next to Skoda in the paired devices menu, all 3 ticked boxes appear for a split second before the message access box disappears.

Edited by Rodent

I haven't set up Moto app. I tried unpairing and repairing. I didn't try power cycling. Clearly it was an issue with Android 6.0 as the updated version is working flawlessly. I'm happy the issue seems to be resolved.