Just had four wheel alignment done, well worth it.

Started getting lots of road noise and my rear tyres were down to 3mm and felt slightly sawtoothed on the inner edge.

Have changed the rears from the Falkens that where on the car when bought to Avon ZV7s and have had a Hunter four wheel alignment done.

The Hunter operator knew about rear inner edge wear on Octavia and Superb, which he said was common if the boot is always fully loaded on high mileage fleet cars, so adjusted rears to be more upright within tolerance  so when loaded it avoids the excess camber that causes the inner edge wear.

On the before settings the Car also had a 1 degree crab and now drives more smoothly with it corrected along with greatly reduced road noise even without the load cover.

D,

• Like 2

I had everything aligned  after i put the 17's on, we spent quite a lot of time on it to it exactly right. Now It wears all four tires down evenly, much better than before. I think the secret is to get it done properly, lots of places just do a quick job.

• Like 2

The skoda estates seem to be prone to uneven rear tyre wear for some reason , they'll develop flats on the inside when the rest of the tyre still has 3 to 4 mil and appears ok

post-114992-0-31154400-1480525103_thumb.png

post-114992-0-06823000-1480525104_thumb.png

post-114992-0-65911700-1480525104_thumb.png

Edited by peterposh