Car slow or is it just me?

Yaris

So i've had my VRS for a couple of months now, and it feels slower. At first it felt really eager, but now i have to push it to get the same sense of acceleration.

The buildup of soot on the boot definitely builds up quicker, i have to wipe the numberplate once every 2 weeks, but this could just be down to winter? (I am in NE Scotland)

I have it booked in next week to check for boost leaks. When starting the car when very cold, there is a hissing noise from the engine for a few seconds, just like how it does for a split second when accelerating, but I put this down to the turbo spooling up?

Cheers

Not the easiest thing to check with your hands as the leaks will only rear their heads when the engine is under load which obviously requires the car revving and in gear which is beyond most diy amateur driveway mechanics (speaking for myself anyway!).

Look for excess oil/ oil residue around any of the boost pipe joints, are you on a standard cooler?

JRJG

Common places that I know of for boost leaks are the on the top going into the EGR and the bottom joint coming out of the intercooler. The bottom boost pipe is where I had my boost leaks from when I still had the side mounted cooler, the 'lugs' on the metal skirt had worn away, allowing the pipe to slip off slightly when on boost. I don't think your's will be as excessive as that though.

JRJG

Could also be a clogged up turbo or vacumn issue. You could try mr muscle turbo cleaning. (do a search)  Probably not as good as dissasembly then cleaning but it can make a pretty big difference!

Mine felt a bit like that with the clogging up of the EGR and inlet with EGR gunk around 90k miles (40k and its still relatively athletic in comparison)

But its a bit of a game cleaning all that out and its far from clear whether thats your issue or not.