Speedo/tripmeter

I think I know what the answer is but just want 2nd opinions

Until recently the speedo /trip meter worked just fine then after refuelling and resetting the trip meter it will only ever count up to 1 mile and then stops

That the speedo itself is knackered or rather the counter is,someone suggested that I change the cable but I doubt that it would consistently count up to 1 mile and then stop if it were the cable

I would try first to push a few more times the reset button of the trip counter. Sometimes if pushed too gently the gears mesh only partially.

Personally I didn't see so far an odometer/speedometer for Felicia with stripped gears. There is a common problem instead (see photos).

Cobby, since you've already ordered the speedometer, could you please check what is wrong with the old one and take a photo? You only need to push up the needle with two screwdrivers or a scissor then unscrew the face plate.

gekGG0F.jpg

px7PuAi.jpg

I will check it out once I get the new one fitted. I would have thought that if the gear had moved out of position then it wouldn't count up at all, my thought is that one of the teeth on the blue gear has probably broken off

The small gear can have more than two possible positions (on or off). Moreover, there is vibration involved too from the speedometer cable and the car itself.

So now you have two good speedometers... That is why I always say "find evidence first (or ask first) then buy".

Edited by RicardoM