Birmingham-Carling Academy

MikeW

I'm not going, but frequent it on a regular basis - Saturday night it was open until 6am :D :D :D

Parking:

Imagine you're facing it. Turn 90 degrees right, and follow the road under the bridge until you come to a t-junction type thing (when you see it, it'll make sense)

Turn left, then left again for an NCP carpark. Very secure (touch wood) - I use it most Saturdays. Cost - approx. £5.90 for 3-4 hrs, £7.20 4-6 hrs (I could be wrong though - I pay on credit card, which is also very useful).

HTH

If you're facing the Academy (with your back to Toys'R'Us), then turn left and there are two giant multistories - one on either side of the road. I use the one on the Academy side of the road. It's a bit tight inside, rather gloomy and smells of wee, but it's not very far from the front door. If they've locked the gate by the time you get out, talk to the man at the car park over the road and he'll get his mate to open the door. Pay and display was about £7 for the evening - bring coinage.

On second thoughts, that other car park sounds safer ;) Either way, they're just a few moments from the A38(M). Suprisingly easy to get to. You just have to go around a one-way loop first.

J