Goodbye vRS.

Congratulations Brian, looks like you got a good deal from Arnold's. I went to a dealer 60 miles away in order to get a good price on a car with a few miles on the clock. Scotland would have been a bit far for me but I do have family up near Stirling! I was given £5,000 in part exchange for my 50,000 mile, 5 year old vRS.

Did you go manual or DSG?  I'm guessing manual on account of the price.

I have got the panoramic sunroof that will be great once winter is over.

N.B. The VW Polo forums are not as good as Briskoda.

Congratulations Brian, looks like you got a good deal from Arnold's. I went to a dealer 60 miles away in order to get a good price on a car with a few miles on the clock. Scotland would have been a bit far for me but I do have family up near Stirling! I was given £5,000 in part exchange for my 50,000 mile, 5 year old vRS.

Did you go manual or DSG?  I'm guessing manual on account of the price.

I have got the panoramic sunroof that will be great once winter is over.

N.B. The VW Polo forums are not as good as Briskoda.

Aye, it's a manual - I don't think Arnold has any DSGs (in his sale) - I will miss DSG but the torque reduction on the Polo (from manuals) is a bit annoying (plus, as you say, it would be more expensive).

Due to your user name I had it in my head that you were from the Aberdeen area   :D !

Thanks for your input on here - I enjoyed reading it and your comments helped point me towards the Polo (I had considered various cars but finally had it down to the Polo or Fiesta) - the second I sat in it for the test drive I was sold on it - your comment on the premium feel is spot on.

Yeah, had a look at polos.net last night and it's not a patch on here (although I haven't come across a car forum that has the scope and depth of Briskoda - it does seem to be unique), so think I'll be hanging around here for a good while longer.

Edited by Brian69
  • Like 2