BlackVue DR400G II issues

M12MKD

Hello All,

Can anyone suggested a fix or help me with this problem. Had the above camera for sometime now (bought from BossFox's groupbuy) and it's been in a few different cars.

Recently finally got around to fitting it in to my MK3 Octavia, everything was fine for a week or two, but last week it just stopped working.

It powers up and the lights are on, but no GPS light nor will it go into recording mode. I've tried the usual suggested fixes, format the SD card etc. And still nothing.

It doesn't even speak on start up like it used to, but if you remove the SD card it will say "Please insert SD card".

I've even tried a new SD card and gone on the the website to get the later software for it. Still nothing.

Any ideas? Or is dead?

The annoying thing about it is, last night a drunk driver hit a bloke and did a runner. We got the guy to stop, he was ****ed as a fart, but sped off again before the police could get there.

Just reminded me how useful a Camera is and that I need to get this sorted asap.

My dashcam is the DR380G-HD, which I purchased in June 2014 after reading BossFox's comparison tests. 

My dashcam has performed perfectly since I swapped the supplied adaptor (micro SD card to USB port) for something of better quality.  The supplied adaptor had poor connectivity, which caused problems when downloading updates from BlackVue and when uploading recordings to my PC.  Could this also be the cause of your problems?

Another possibility could be poor connectivity between micro SD card and BlackVue.  It might be worth inserting and extracting the SD card a few times to ensure good connection is made.

The symptoms seem to suggest a poor or intermittent connection somewhere, so hopefully it's something simple.