Columbus and MFD not talking any more?

Columbus failed to turn on the other day but after a short stop it came back to life and was fully functional. Just to be on the safe side I did a soft re-set (if that is what it is called) using both the upper left and far right buttons. It re-started seeming OK but when I tried to use Nav there was no guidance in the MFD screen (the one between the speedo and rev counter). Other things were also missing from MFD screen such as the nav, audio and convenience settings and on the Columbus the car sensor image has disappeared and most bizarrely MFD now thinks the right hand door is the left hand door when opened. So questions are 1) could I have deleted or modified coding by a soft re-set or is there another issue and 2) can this be fixed by some coding work? 

Other information that is probably significant is that the car is 2009 Elegence and the Columbus was replaced about 3 years ago with a more recent exchange unit that has the mike button top right and since then the Nav voice directions have not worked, but as I usually had them turned right down that did not bother me.

Any suggestions for an easy fix, should I reset Columbus to factory settings or will I loose my speed camera mapping?

Thanks...? 

Just found the Columbus info - it is an "E" running 4120 if that helps?

Edited by superblack

No change wrong door still shows and no reversing image etc.. Is it important to connect leads together immediately they are disconnected as they did not meet so I had to get another cable to bridge them? I will try again tomorrow as now too dark and misty.

Thank you for helping with this!