Weird blower problem

Tomti

Hi chaps,

I have a strange problem with my blowers on my vrs.

When aimed at the screen they blow hot but at the same time there is cold air coming out at the passenger footwell? Surely this isn't right? This is my first skoda so still getting used to all the common faults. I've done a search but can't find a definitive answer.

Any help will be appreciated

How about a mad and hasty guess:- the airbox is in the passenger side of the car, when you have selected hot and windscreen, all the incoming air should be getting routed through the heater matrix and directed only up through the top of the dashboard. Now, if there is a leak in the fan area, some unheated air will escape into the area where the fan and airbox is - ie the passenger footwell.  So maybe check around there for previous damage/rework and seal it up when found.

Pity about it not being around the filter cover, sometimes the air direction flow flaps lose a bit of their spongy foam sealing material - so don't completely shut off the downwards flow of air and maybe that might end up feeling colder than you would expect if the intended flow was to the windscreen. Certainly on my previous car, a 2000 Passat 4Motion, the recirculate flapmotor was u/s and that flapmotor has a second flap/airflow task - and that meant that most of the time the air being directed to the footwells did not follow what you would expect in terms of temperature and quantity - which meant there was always the feeling of cooler air to feet!

Edit:- I think that I was hinting at maybe a previous owner, of that car is secondhand, had taken the air box apart to replace blower brushes or maybe the blower speed control resistor pack? Other than that I've owned a Ford Orion from new that had an air hose hanging free, spotted that when first winter arrived and sorted it out!

Edited by rum4mo