Faulty Columbus - keeps rebooting with CD stuck in the drive

Hi all

Looking for some further tips again if possible.

My Columbus went belly up on me - just kept re-booting but never getting any further than the splash screen ????. I was going to try reloading the firmware but discovered I still had a CD in the slot. Couldnt eject this as per above it doesnt start up properly. I have now removed the Columbus from the car and put my Bolero back in while I try and get this fixed. My assumption is that I need to open up the Columbus to then somehow get the CD out of it and was wondering if anyine had any tips regarding doing this ?

After reading various posts on tuis corum and others I am hoping that if I can get the CD out that I can then wire it back up to the car and reload the firmware which if I am lucky will fix it !

Would be grateful for any tips or advice folks.

Thanks in advance

Bernie

You'll need diagnostics tools to force an eject, and even then sometimes it won't eject as the unit doesn't boot up enough to get into the settings. If those cases a replacement drive is the only way to be able to try a reload, but invariably that just ends up as another cd stuck in another drive.

Thanks for the info. I don't have the diagnostic tools and from the info you have given me sounds like it wouldn't make any difference even if I did.

will have to live with the bolero for now and maybe time for a new one next year then.

Cheers

Bernie