advice wanted remaps

yes so should i get a stage 1 or what

You need a custom remap, ideally done with the tuner working directly on the car. It is possible to remap the car remotely using a tuning box but it's much faster with the tuner in the car.

I used to be a totally convinced that a remap had to be done on a rolling road, but I've seen several truly superb maps done on cars that were just driven, then adjusted, then driven and adjusted again until the tuner couldn't perceive any further benefit from looking at the logged data from the ECU.

I used to get a lot of work done by Kenny McKinstry near Banbridge but that was on a Metro 6R4 and there are probably tuners with significantly more VAG experience elsewhere in the North. Or you could get the car on a ferry and bring it to GB for a couple of days. There are some excellent tuners in the North West if you come across to Liverpool or Anglesey.

• Like 1