4x4 rear wheel bearing

Hi all,merry xmas....looking to change a rear bearing on my 4x4 Octavia estate to try and put the abs light out again ( seems like the bugger has been on more than its been off ),took the caliper and disc off a couple of days ago to have a go but looks like i'm going to have to take the complete hub off which i wasnt banking on,so whats the chances of the nuts and bolts going through the bushes coming undone or should i just cut through the bolts and change the bushes at the same time ???

The top and bottom bolts for the hub are not particulary prone to seizing, just give them a go and see how you get on.

The bolts I had trouble with were the splined ones that hold the bearing in place, badly corroded and one rounded off when I tried to remove them.

Had to drill the head off and thankfully enough left to get the shank out, new ones supplied in the OE kit.  

Scott

Thaks for the reply Scott,the splined bolts on mine are badly corroded as well but easier to get to with the hub off i bet,i put mine back together when i saw how bad they were hence taking the whole hub off,i'm lucky in the fact that i can use a ramp in work to do it but didnt want it being there too long waiting for bolts and bushes..i'll give it another go after the christmas break.