Skip to content

tyreman1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi, yes all serviced less than 2000 miles ago, yet to give it a good run but will soon👍
  2. A lot of short trips just picking up grandkids and then dropping them of later probably a lot of 4 mile roundtrips but it does get a few long runs out and about, I was spoiled with my old ford diesel doing 60 to the gallon I suppose.
  3. Hi all, owned my 2016 Fabia 1.2tsi for a few months now and it's killing me on fuel, only averageing 35 to the gallon... is this right??? Thanks
  4. Hi all, had my 2016 Fabia 1.2tsi a couple of months now and it's killing me on fuel, I'm getting 35 mpg average but to be honest most of it is shortish journeys, is this about right???? thanks
  5. Having the same problem with a 2015 Fabia bought recently with one key have had 2 mobile locksmiths try and sort a second key(mqb push button start) they can get a key to work but only if it's held right up to the start button as if the fob battery is flat, been quoted over £400 at skoda 😱
  6. Aftermarket fobs but different makes, as I explained I'd be loathe to spend over £400 at skoda and them they say that they have to dig further, the original fob works fine so can't see how it can be a car fault but you never know these days.
  7. I have a meter but wouldn't know how to test it and seeing as it's working at the moment I'm loathe to interfere with it 😱 plus 2 locksmiths have had the same problem so seems a bit weird, I would love it to be just the battery as everything points to that
  8. Yes, new batteries fitted 👍
  9. Hi all, recently bought a 2016 Fabia 1.2tsi with 1 key and it's the push button start, had 2 mobile locksmiths out and both have the same problem, they can cut and programme the keys so it locks and unlocks and will start the car but the new key they cut will only start the car if held right up to the button and then you get the dreaded "key not found" warning and noise,the original key works fine so I can't see that it's a car fault and I can put up with holding the spare key up to the switch as I'm not going to pay £360 for a key from Skoda and then another £75 to code it for them to find the same thing but I'd like to know can I disable the the warning noise???
  10. Well just seems to have been a one off with water gathering on the step, haven't had any more issues with it so I'm happy 👍
  11. Hi all anyone have problems with water ingress over the rear door rubbers, opened the offside rear door today and there was water sitting on top of the rubber and just inside on the mat, wasn't a lot but is this common, thanks
  12. Battery is new, I reckon he's going to have to get a genuine fob rather than these aftermarket things
  13. Hi all, just purchased a 2016 Fabia 1.2tsi but just has 1 key, had a locksmith out for a new key but he couldn't get his fobs to work so ordered a different type and came back for another try, the new key remote now opens and unlocks the car but it won't start unless the key is held right up against the start button as if the fob battery is flat, contacted the locksmith and he's now ordering another type of fob, anyone else ever had a problem like this with new keys, thanks.
  14. Thankyou that's perfect
  15. Still a 250 mile round trip but thank you for offering, I'll give it some thought.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.