Cigarette lighter

Hi all first of all I wish everybody here a happy and prosperous new year. The other thing is both the front and rear cigarette lighters have stopped working I need the front one to power my caravan satnav,is there a fuse for these, I cant find a fuseway in the handbook for them any ideas? cheers all Pete.

Both the front and rear 12V power supplies (or Gauloises lighter :D) are protected by the same fuse, number 35 "front and rear lighter" in the fuse box on the end of the dashboard (drivers side, assuming your car is right hand drive despite being based in France).

Detailed on page 217 of the manual together with the location illustration.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...

I have just had this problem with my 2012 Superb. Both Cig Lighters not working. Fuse 35 blown, replaced fuse and blew straight away. Mechanic in Skoda dealership told me its a common fault, the problem lying in the wiring between the front and rear lighter and the fix is disconnect the rear lighter.  I checked both with a meter, sure enough both showing dead short to ground even though the rear has never been used. Remove the rear ashtray and its holder (Stiff pull), I just cut the wires feeding that lighter barrel and terminated them with termination block. Checked the front lighter and the fault had gone. Buttoned it all up and now have a working front Cig Lighter barrel for my sat nav and phone. Total fix 10 mins.