Fmic mounting brackets

floydboy1

Hi all,

Recently bought my Fabia vrs front mount intercooler off eBay. It's basically the same cooler as the seat Ibiza cooler.....however it didn't come with any mounting brackets.

Link for the item is here:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252628362784

I've had a look around for brackets to mount it but cannot find any anywhere that are sold seperately to the actual cooler itself. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I was hoping to get it mounted over the weekend.

Cheers all

If it is the same as the Ibiza cooler perhaps try a Seat dealer, in order to locate the oem cooler mounts. Should at least be able to get the item number to order it from somewhere ASAP.

JRJG

Was that the front mount intercooler brackets u bought or were they for the standard side mount intercooler?

I'm fairly sure the side mount cooler brackets are different to the front mount. You could also try asking at some Seat Ibiza breakers, a slight chance that they may still have some mounts left even if they don't have fmic in stock. Best of luck, don't forget to tie your radiator up before you remove the slam panel. Otherwise you may have big radiator problems on your hands...

JRJG

• 1 year later...
On 04/01/2017 at 13:54, TransporterT4 said:

Any chance of a picture of the new intercooler fitted ?

only now seeing this. Here is a pic of the cooler fitted. I've only just finished rebuilding the head as the gasket went and i decided to change all of the bolts and seals for the injectors, valves, PD150 bolts etc etc, so took me a bit of time (and money :'( ) but never-the-less here it is....with me in my engine bay :D

27048114_10157019396727589_1055968198_o.jpg

19875689_10156361783487589_1117910645_o.jpg