Help please, clutch/accelerator probs

Hi all, i'm glad jeeves told me about this forum.

My problem started about November 2005 when i came out one morning to find that my clutch pedal was touching the carpet...mmm no clutch... so i phoned Skoda assist who sent out the AA. The chap from the AA looked at it, grabbed it and pulled it back into its normal position where it stayed and told me that i should talk to the dealer about it as it seemed to have sucked the fluid back past the master cylinder seals and could possibly fail whilst i was driving it.

I had the AA man speak to the dealer to explain his findings. About a two weeks later the car was in for a Master cylinder replacement, and on picking it up i found that when i changed gear the revs went up between 500 and 1000 revs. I phoned the dealer about this and they said it would be about 2 weeks before they could look at it (i need a courtesy car as i work and live on the other side of Manchester from them). They informed me that the floor mat was causing the problem and there is nothing wrong with it, i drove it out of the forecourt and lo an behold, still overevving (i removed the mat and still doing it) :( I phoned them the next morning. They told me maybe the temperature sensor needed replacing as it may be faulty and making the car think that the engine was still cold. So back it went, and came back the same. Next they replaced the speed sensor, still the same. Then they replaced the Throttle body....now its worse than before overevving 1000 to 2000 revs above what the revcounter reads before clutch press and ticking over really badly :eek: 4 days before the throttle body was replaced i came out of the house to go to work and the clutch pedal was about halfway to the carpet...not again i thought, so i pulled it back up and phoned the dealer when i got to work, "we have had a faulty batch of master cylinders" he says "we'll replace it on friday when you come in". I picked the car up friday just gone, no replacement part they couldnt find anything wrong with it "It's not sticking" he says, "it wasnt sticking in the first place" says I. Anyway i took the car home, still overevving, and halfway home the light came on for some Engine elcectrical fault. Its now sat at at the dealer, and i have been given a courtesy car (but surely i need to book in 2 weeks in advance for one of them) :mad: Please, can anyone shed some light on what maybe happening so i can tell the "Skoda Experts" how to fix it.

The car is a 2003 Ocatvia 1.6 estate. I really like this car, so do the dogs, but the wife is getting really miffed with the dealership and is thinking of getting rid.

Cheers LeeWat.

p.s All this work is being done under warranty, if i had to pay for it i'd be going more bananas than i am.

p.p.s. Sorry for the length of this post but i thought the more info the better.

The sticking clutch pedal - which is more common in cold weather - is a known problem which should have been cured by replacing the clutch master cylinder with a later modified one.

Does it rev whenever you press the clutch, or just when you're driving? Are you saying that with the car stationary and in neutral, pressing the clutch makes it rev?

If it's just when you're driving, do you have cruise control?

If you press & hold the clutch (to do a really slow gear change) is it revving the whole time the clutch is down, or just a blip in revs as you press the clutch?

It's revving when i change gear whilst driving, no cruise control. Doing a slow gear change like you may do in a carpark for instance will overrev 1000-2000 revs higher than when the clutch pedal was pressed then drop, so i suppose you could call it a blip.

The dealers have now had my car for a week, i picked it up this morning. They had found a faulty coil pack ordered a new one and fitted it. I went out with the Skoda tech and apparently the over revving is somthing all older octavias do (according to skoda that is) mine is 2 years old...... so anyway, me and the wife went in search of a petrol station as i had no fuel left (how do you do 250 test miles ?? ), Engine light came on again, took it back, computer says Lambda probe !!!! what next ? oh they also fitted a new clutch master cylinder, thats 2 now.