Sportline VCDS coding options

Hi all I'm about to pull the trigger on a 280 hatch Sportline and just wanted to double check a few things. From reading posts on Briskoda I know that if you spec TSR you will get the camera installed on the windscreen which means lane assist can be coded using VCDS but I cannot find confirmation if blind spot detection (BSD) can be coded or not... can anyone please confirm?

Also the Sportline is based of the Ambition spec and comes with Bi-Xenon headlights with adaptive frontlight system but I cannot find confirmation if the Sportline comes with automatic lights (dipped lights come on automatically) can anyone confirm please?

Thanks all :)

BSD uses radar, so if it’s not ordered then I doubt whether the hardware will be fitted to the car.

HBA can be coded providing you order something (such as TSR) so the front camera is included.

BSD uses radar, so if it’s not ordered then I doubt whether the hardware will be fitted to the car.

HBA can be coded providing you order something (such as TSR) so the front camera is included.

Thanks guys - just on the HBA that is for the high beams but my question was more around if the Sportline will have automatic dipped lights? On my current BMW there is a light and rain sensor above the rear view mirror which allows me to leave my lights on "auto" - wondering if the Sportline has this as standard or if it an option?

Cheers!

Thanks guys - just on the HBA that is for the high beams but my question was more around if the Sportline will have automatic dipped lights? On my current BMW there is a light and rain sensor above the rear view mirror which allows me to leave my lights on "auto" - wondering if the Sportline has this as standard or if it an option?

Cheers!

Auto lights and wiper functions are listed as standard on the spec sheet I was given when I ordered mine.  If you configure one on the Skoda online configurator and view/save/print your chosen configuration as a .pdf then it should list the standard spec. 

Ah so the car must have either a Light rain sensor module or it uses the camera to judge how much light there is?

No they are separate but both housed just behind the rear view mirror.  The rain/light sensor is a small circle no bigger than a 10p and the forward facing camera is a triangular aperture. 

Skoda-Superb-Combi-2015-2016-1.jpg

Edited by penguin17

Oh yes I forgot I had another query regarding options so instead of starting a new thread hopefully it can be answered here? The dealer(s) are stating that due to the high VRT on a 280 in Ireland the alarm cost is coming in at €898 which I think is taking the **** a bit. The car comes with KESSY so €898 is just to add the alarm functionality to the car. They have each offered to install an aftermarket alarm for €300 which sounds more reasonable. The question is is it better to swallow the cost of the factory alarm or would an after market be sufficient? Will there be any loss of functionality with an aftermarket alarm?

Oh yes I forgot I had another query regarding options so instead of starting a new thread hopefully it can be answered here? The dealer(s) are stating that due to the high VRT on a 280 in Ireland the alarm cost is coming in at €898 which I think is taking the **** a bit. The car comes with KESSY so €898 is just to add the alarm functionality to the car. They have each offered to install an aftermarket alarm for €300 which sounds more reasonable. The question is is it better to swallow the cost of the factory alarm or would an after market be sufficient? Will there be any loss of functionality with an aftermarket alarm?

Would your car insurance provider be happy with an aftermarket alarm? Will the supplying dealer warranty it as per a factory fitted option?  That would be my primary concern.  Saving 400 might seem like a bargain but could be a false economy if the worse should happen.  

You raised some good points Penguin17... wish it was a difference of 400... its a difference of 600 though which I could use for other options but as you say it could be false economy if the worst happened...

Rob, the Ambition & Style spec don't have the forward camera unless you add certain options to it therefore you won't be able to unlock TSR using VCDS (as I found out)

Dealer is getting confused I think because according to the skoda.ie configurator, the €898 is for "KESSY - keyless entry with ignition start/stop button in combination with Alarm"

So therefore already includes the alarm so why would they then fit another?

Alarm on it's own is 379 euros and KESSY on it's own is 518 euros.

Dealer is getting confused I think because according to the skoda.ie configurator, the €898 is for "KESSY - keyless entry with ignition start/stop button in combination with Alarm"

So therefore already includes the alarm so why would they then fit another?

Alarm on it's own is 379 euros and KESSY on it's own is 518 euros.

Can you please send a link or screenshot please?

Can you please send a link or screenshot please?

post-18764-0-51325500-1484238738_thumb.jpg

This is on the "Style" trim level but the numbers stack up to what your dealer is suggesting.

Edited by Coops

Will check with the dealer thanks coops. Hey what does everyone think of front assist with acc? I'm looking at swapping out a heated windscreen for front assist as I understand it greatly improves the safety of the car with preemptive breaking etc as i think i would use this option more. How good is it??

Love my ACC on mine, didn't work this morning in the snow as the sensor was covered. Had to "drive" it properly on the motorway.

I'd say it's worth more than the heated front screen, and you'd use it more?

Love my ACC on mine, didn't work this morning in the snow as the sensor was covered. Had to "drive" it properly on the motorway.

I'd say it's worth more than the heated front screen, and you'd use it more?

That is definitely what I am thinking :)

• Like 1