MY2016 updating to recent software for the console/nav/display

Had not been around for quite some to, so asking to beg me if the question already had been discussed.

Question is quite simple, asked the dealer to update the software of the console, dashboard, navigation... as the language preferred for use is not available in My 2016, but included in MY2017.

I received 2 answers in a single call. First was

-Yes we can

-We have no idea bring it to try.

Somehow the idea to leave the car in the garage for experiments is not making me happy.

Do anybody know is this "upgrade" possible? And if so, what is happening the custom settings (VCDS) already implemented.

What you are querying is if a firmware update is available.

That is done by the dealership connecting the car to the diagnostics machine which in turn is connected to the Skoda server.

Unless they happen to have recently checked a model similar to yours they probably won't know if there's a firmware update available until they physically connect your car and perform the update checks.

Any previous changes you made with VCDS will probably only be overwritten if the update makes changes to the specific adaptations you already changed. This may be the case if you used VCDS to modify infotainment settings (such as ambient lighting colours, the off-road screen, etc).

I will be interested to hear from you if a firmware update is available and particularly if it makes any changes to the infotainment menus, many of which are different on the MY17 models compared to the MY16 models.

My local dealership will charge for the time to check for updates, even if it turns out that no update is available, so I'd prefer to know an update is actually available rather than gambling money on pot luck.

• Like 1

Likewise I would be interested to hear, mine still has the delightful annoying habit of jumping back to a previous track or folder for music when getting back in.  Can be really annoying.

• 2 months later...

My car had varoius firmware updates just 2 days ago (MY16) nothing has changed on the menus and i still have the same screen MY16 layout.. I guess i may of just had module updates rather than core firmware.

10 minutes ago, RickTT said:

My car had varoius firmware updates just 2 days ago (MY16) nothing has changed on the menus and i still have the same screen MY16 layout.. I guess i may of just had module updates rather than core firmware.

Rick, in that case infortainment system need to change? 

What modules to change I don't know but will be very costly