Underbonnet Silencing Pad

Expatman

Is it not only the diesels that have it, and even though it shows one for up to 27-05-2012 and another for after that date they both have the same part number 5L0863831

This is for 2011: http://www.oemepc.com/skoda/part_single/catalog/sk/markt/CZ/modell/YET/year/2011/drive_standart/666/hg_ug/863/subcategory/863020/part_id/2544154/lang/e

And for 2015: http://www.oemepc.com/skoda/part_single/catalog/sk/markt/CZ/modell/YET/year/2015/drive_standart/779/hg_ug/863/subcategory/863020/part_id/2544154/lang/e

I was just looking at the vehicle data printout for my Yeti the other day and noticed although it has the under bonnet sound deadening it came WITHOUT "additional noise suppression measures for passenger compartment" whatever that is and was wondering what it consisted of? Also the part no/ Source/ family. for this item was................ 64. 3WO. L. GDM. Any ideas please?

Edited by Sad555

I bought one of these for my 2016 FL SE really just to clean up the underside of the bonnet which has several

holes into which the pad clips.. This it does well but frankly does not seem to make much difference to engine noise.

I fitted the under-bonnet insulation pad to my original 2010 Yet at new, and transferred it to my 2016 F/L Yeti when I changed cars. It fits perfectly, all the holes are in exactly the same place on both cars. The mounting clips were a separate order back in 2010, so check to see if you need to order them too or if they come with the insulating pad.

Personally I think it does reduce noise slightly (especially at tickover) but it also makes the underside of the bonnet easier to keep looking good, and hides the plethora of unused holes in the underside of the bonnet .

Edited by speedsport