ACC unavailable

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my cruise control, last Wednesday I was driving and it come up with the message ACC unavailable with a yellow triangle, yellow cruise control symbol and sometimes yellow front assist symbol. It already happened before but after some miles disappeared but now it's like this since Wednesday. Yesterday was also saying ACC impaired. And because of this I can't use cruise control. Does anyone know something about this?

Also sometimes in the traffic parking sensors start beeping and then stops, even if I'm stopped and nothing moves around me.

Thanks in advance

I don't know where's the sensor, on the Octavia the sensor was in the front, a square in the middle of the grid, this one I don't know. The car is parked under the building, so can't be ice, but it's possible to have some dirty.

I have had this on the M5 in 50 MPH traffic flow.  For no reason it popped up "impaired". I was in outside lane so think the barriers could have been picked up.

Anyway, mentioned it to dealer and they checked car but there was record of it as a fault . :(

When it happened again, I switched ACC  off, five minutes later, down the same motoraway. switched it back on again and all ok.

Not had any issues since.

That was three months ago.

Being a radar system and using a common frequency band used by all other ACC equipped cars/vehicles, it can be affected if there is another radar very nearby or if the echoes are not what the system expects to see - such as might be caused by a barrier or a number of vehicles close moving together in traffic producing a pattern the algorithm cannot correctly interpret. If it cannot make sense of the echoes then it will either drop out all together of warn the user that it isn't happy so isn't going to play nicely.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

Hi,

Thank you all for the replies.

This happened on the motorway so no coming traffic as I think this radars are only on front. Anyway, happened on Wednesday and I still have the problem since then, always the warning light even with acc disabled. It did happen to me once before for a couple minutes, appeared and disappeared a couple minutes after... This time doesn't go away :(

I'll go to skoda tomorrow.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2017 at 15:59, awhitham said:

Did you get it fixed? My Octavia Mk3 seems to have developed a similar problem today.

No mate, The car been there all day and they didn't found nothing, now I have to leave it at VW to calibrate the sensor for a couple days but I didn't had time yet. To be honest I don't believe that it's just calibration issue, the computer on the dashboad sometimes changes page by it self, and lately when i put the key in I get a electric shock like static. Other thing is parking sensors sometimes start beeping when I stop in traffic even if I'm not close of nothing, starts on red and then goes yellow until disappear. I'm a bit disappointed with the car...